Mazavaroo Chilli: Easter Bunny Bags............. Doing it just for fun.

Old Eagle Heights

Old Eagle Heights

25 January, 2017

Easter Bunny Bags............. Doing it just for fun.

Something I have come to realise now in my 60's is that I am not going to make any money from my crafts.  Not to say they aren't good enough, which they might not be, but because of my lack of 100% determination to do what it would take to make any money.  It seems that no sooner do I try and make something that I completely enjoy doing, the task of the current craft, into something that could possibly make money, I loose interest.  I only enjoy it when it is a "one off" activity.  So I am now not going to try, albeit very casually, promote myself.  I am going to do my craft of choice at the time, possibly try selling it and/or give things away to friends and neighbours.  The joy really is in the making and the giving.  I soooooo enjoy making new things out of old.  Well we'll see how it goes.

This is the final product, made completely with stuff (material, tape etc) I already had, some of it for a long time.


These cute little bunny bags came about using material scraps I had (and still have).  There are 14 in total (since starting this post it has dwindled to 12) and ever so cute.  But now onto the next project....Kimonos from vintage sheets.


These are the prototypes, the first 2 I made.
 I learnt/figured out what to do next and how to do it.
I started an assembly line, sorry about lack of photos, but I got so caught up in the activity of making the bags I only randomly remembered to take photos. I cut out as many pieces of the bag as I could from my piece of remnant allowed (14 x 36cms x 18 cms), 14 pairs of inner ear (the white with pink roses) and 14 pairs of the out ears the same as the rest of the bag, 14 pairs of 30cms long ribbon/handles.

I then sewed without hemming the inner ear onto the outer ear.
Then I pinned 2 ears to one of the handles, then pinned the ears and handle to the bag.











Then at the other end of the bag pin the other handle.



This is when I got busy again and forgot to take photos.  I had all the bags pinned with ears and handles and I just had to put 2 rows of stitching on each end to attach the ears and handles, then with right sides together I sewed a .5cm seam.

I also wasn't happy with the face on the bag. Firstly, I used a brown marker and when I test washed it, it ran like crazy so I switched to the black, old reliable Sharpie. Secondly, the face was boring and I wanted something more animated I guess, so this is the final bag.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Mugwhy