Mugwhys Vintage: Reinventing a Art Deco Blender into a Storage Jar

Old Eagle Heights

Old Eagle Heights

05 March, 2012

Reinventing a Art Deco Blender into a Storage Jar

I couldn't wait to share today's great Op Shop find, an old heavy glass blender jug with a thick black bakelite lid.  It has great Art Deco lines. I have no idea what brand of blender it belongs to, but it doesn't matter anyway as I'm going to use it as a storage jar.  The lid isn't quite airtight, so it's perfect to store my "blind baking beans" (it should go without saying, that they are the beans and baking paper template I use to blind bake).


 
 
What do you think?  I reckon it works.  Only $1.50!

I also got these original boxed 3 beautiful "Made in Switzerland" hankerchief's, also only a $1.50.   Mum, next Christmas, sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Mugwhy