Mugwhys Vintage: Mini Kitchen Collection

Old Eagle Heights

Old Eagle Heights

05 March, 2012

Mini Kitchen Collection


I just keep collecting, I can't help it, it’s almost an obsession. The joy of finding a great find either in an op shop or at a garage sale is thrilling.  The rush I get when I take my finds to the counter and they tell me a price, my heart skips a beat as I pay a few dollars for my treasures.

I constantly change my personal collections and when I run out of room I either put things in storage or at a push, mainly when I feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have, I sell things on Ebay.

It is mainly my kitchen collections that evolve.  The collections in the photo below started when we stilled lived in Adelaide 25+ years ago.  I bought the chequered T G Green breakfast set for $25.00.  I only got the same coloured champagne glasses a couple of months ago, for, wait for it, 20c each.  My collection of green items is getting harder and harder to add to, but not impossible, every now and again I find a piece and when I do, watch out, I just get too excited.  The approximate cost for the whole contents of the display cabinet would be less than $75, but in my opinion looks like $1,000,000 (a bit of a reach, but you know what I mean).




Here's a picture of our lovely Nicky, one of our two blues.  I know you shouldn't have favourites, but..... she's just a lovely soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Mugwhy