Mugwhys Vintage: Outsourcing old age to countries who don't dislike the old....

Old Eagle Heights

Old Eagle Heights

23 March, 2012

Outsourcing old age to countries who don't dislike the old....

This morning started the usual way a Friday begins, with running around picking things up before Dawn arrives, then on to Pilates.  It was quite intense today, everytime the teacher joins in
it's guaranteed to test us meer mortals.  My poor legs, ouch!

Then off to the op shops.  I didn't find much, but what I did, I'm soooooooooo chuffed.  I'll let the photos tell their own story, the little bakelite ring box is my favourite find today and only .50c... got to love that.  All four items cost me $7.00 total.  I'm a happy camper.


Pyrex Rose Serving Platter/Plate.... lovely!

A gorgeous small, but not too small butter dish.



A gorgeous shabby chic tea light burner/holder.

My favourite a bakelite ring box...... I have just the ring for it!

Add caption


Then this afternoon I went to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, hence the title of this blog (a line from the movie, or close to it as I can remember, but the gist is the same).... and it was fantastic.  I laughed and cried.  As I am beginning to see my age look back at me in the mirror, the movie has hit a chord with me and has me thinking, and that has to be a good thing.

Oh goody, it's happy hour, what a perfect way to end the week.  Cheers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Mugwhy